Have you noticed the light? It's that time of year for...Spring Cleaning!
[meteor_slideshow slideshow="spring" metadata="width: 609, height: 285"]
When fridges are defrosted, bags of clothes are dropped down to the charity shop and the cupboards are emptied out...Yes, it's Spring Cleaning Time!!
For the OCD among us it’s the season we love to love, nothing better than donning the gloves and giving the home a good scrub down. However, so many people dread the need to spring clean. We’ve been cosy all winter (and goodness it was quite the winter this year) the windows have been closed, the double tog duvet is still on and the heating needs turning down.
Suddenly the days are longer, the season is breaking and the flowers are appearing – this is when we notice the dust, the lights that need cleaning, the pictures that require a damp rub and once we start the little jobs we keep seeing the larger ones yet to do.
On the positive side you should think of it as a time of year when you get to appreciate everything you own and indulge your house in a little bit of pampering. So let’s clean out those winter blues and get ready for the long summer evenings ahead of us (which will hopefully be warm!)
Before starting your spring clean remember:
- Make a cleaning checklist and schedule of when you will clean and stick to it.
- Identify the nasty spots in your house and how to tackle them.
- If others are living and breathing in your home- have them help!
- Gather all cleaning supplies – products, dusters, cloths and keep in one bucket.
To help you along you way we have compiled a list of top cleaning tips:
- As the saying goes, clean from top to bottom: Start at the top of a room; ceilings, lighting fixtures and obviously move your way down. This way you won’t dirty what you have already cleaned.
- Deep clean: Everyone is a secret hoarder, if you dont use it, love it or wear it = get rid of it.
- One room at a time: Clean one room at a time, this helps to complete the cleaning task faster. Also seeing the first room gleaming will give you a boost to move onto the next.
- Play music: Playing your favourite music will not only make time go faster but will also give you more energy.
- Allergies: If you suffer with allergies or asthma make sure to remove all mould from your home and to dust everything thoroughly. Open those windows to let the dust out as you clean.
- Flowers: When you’re all finished, pick or buy some fresh spring flowers for your home. They will brighten any room and also emit a crisp clean smell.