We all know that we should be nice to our environment, what has it ever done to us?
So here are a few tips that will help our macro environment brighten up our micro environment.
- Instead of throwing away all of your tin cans add a splash of colour by painting the outside and use them as flowerpots for small plants around the house.
- After enjoying the wines or spirits from the bottle wash it off with warm water, peel the label away and there are several uses; they can be used as candlesticks; fill them with a small set of fairy lights or for the more technically minded out there you could turn it into a lamp.
- Many of our eyes are bigger than our stomachs and no matter how hard you try there will be some leftovers. Instead of filling up your bin think about sandwiches or lunches for the next day; stale bread is perfect for breadcrumbs toasted lightly in the oven; or perhaps even start a compost heap in the garden.
- It is just annoying to get yourself down to the clothes bank to dump old bed clothes or sheets. An alternative (if you are handy with a sewing machine) is to use them re cover old pillows, cushions or chairs.
- Bent paper-clips are useless and sometimes a little sore if you come across then unexpectedly. Try turning them into hooks for broken decorations that you use in late December (We are avoiding using the actual word in mid August ;-))
I hope these tips are helpful and please feel free to add any of your own.